A couple of weeks ago, our team had a lunch at Red Lobster to celebrate a colleague's retirement. I ordered "Fresh Tilapia roasted with crab-and-seafood stuffing" and was hesitating whether to order an appetizer or not. Then a couple of people recommended this dish called "seafood stuffed mushrooms". As it looked delicious in the photo already, I placed an order for the stuffed mushrooms... and guess how the dish was. Yes. as you had a good guess, I just loved it. It was amazingly tasty and very filling.
But! even though I couldn't finish my Tilapia, which was also delicious, I was glad that I had had a great appetizer quite filling. While eating the seafood stuffed mushrooms, I also checked ingredients. The indisputable ingredients were crab, broccoli, red pepper, rice, and cheese. As it didn't look much complicated, so I came up with my own recipe. Believe it or not, my stuffed mushrooms were just scrumptious!!! You should try my recipe for stuffed mushrooms, and I am confident that you will like this dish. Oh, actually, I tend to like any kind of stuffed vegetables such as stuffed tomatoes.(I thought I had posted a recipe for stuffed tomatoes, but I hadn't! I should better do it very soon)
Here goes the recipe for the seafood stuffed mushrooms.
1 lb fresh mushrooms
1/6 - 1/4 red pepper, finely chopped
4-5 florets broccoli, finely chopped
1/2 lb shrimp or crabmeat
1/4 cup basmati (or long grain) rice, soaked in the tepid water for 20 minutes
1 cup white cheddar or mozzarella cheese
salt and pepper
1. Wash and soak rice in tepid water
2. Preheat oven to 350-375 F (= 180 - 190 Celsius)
3. Wash and dry mushrooms and remove stems.
4. Cut out the edge of the mushrooms with a small teaspoon so that you can stuff more filling.
5. Chop shrimp, red pepper, and broccoli as fine as possible.
6. Combine shrimp, red pepper, broccoli, and drained rice.
Season with salt and pepper.
Red pepper and shrimp will emit nice flavour while being cooked.
7. Stuff the mushrooms with the prepared filling.
8. Pour 1/4 C half & half or table cream in the baking dish before placing mushrooms in the dish.
9. Sprinkle mushrooms with generous amount of grated cheese.
10. Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven.
11. Broil for 1-2 minutes to brown the tops of the mushrooms.
Then, that's it. Some delicious stuffed mushrooms are ready!
It's really easy, isn't it? Nonetheless, it's wonderfully delicious.
Shrimp Stuffed mushrooms