Search This Blog

Thursday, May 16, 2013

[2013 Mother's Day] Brunch at Cordon Bleu Bistro @ Signatures

Remi didn't make breakfast-in-bed this year, for Mother's day. As he had a piano lesson on Sunday morning, he was busy finishing his piano homework from 7:30 in the morning.

 He made me a very nice card though.

This is the card Remi gave me this year. As you imagine easily, I am planning to keep this card forever. 

 Hopefully my kids will consider me such a mom for a long time. 

 Pablo gave me a card too. 

His colouring sense sometimes is quite questionable, but as he was proud of his work of art, I decide to like it as well. :)

Pablo's teacher is a talented crafty teacher who always had original ideas to make wonderful art work. We know it very well since this is Pablo's second year with the madame. 

The bottom of the plant is made with empty tuna cans, and side of the plant is made with clothespins. Isn't this a great idea? As these flowers will never droop, I will be able to keep this plant forever :)

After Remi's piano lesson and some work at the backyard, we headed to Signatures by Cordon Bleu Bistro where I had reserved a table for Mother's day brunch. 

This was a good occasion for the kids to learn the table manner at a fine (especially French) restaurant. Remi and Pablo behave at a restaurant, in general. But we've always tried to keep our meal time at a restaurant between one hour and one and half hours maximum.

The brunch took almost 2 hours, and my little 'messieurs' conducted themselves, which was quite impressive.

However, Pablo's manner was not exactly 100%. :(, but maybe quite acceptable considering he is only 6.

I was offered a rose of my choice. Well all the moms were offered roses by the restaurant indeed :)

We started with a glass of mimosa which was included in the brunch.

The food was amazing. Each and all of the dishes were so beautifully presented that I was afraid of messing it up. 

Duck confit wrapped in crêpe was simply delicious.
Kids liked it, too, even though Pablo hesitated to taste duck confit for the first time.

The next one, or second appetizer, was poached egg with mushroom sauce.

A poached egg lover like me cannot resist this dish. mushroom cream sauce was wonderfully smooth and creamy.

I chose salmon with corn chowder while Mr.D chose Boeuf Wellington.
This was the best pan-fried salmon I've ever had. I should learn how to pan-fry salmon perfectly.

Mr.D's Boeuf Wellington was juicy and tender while puff pastry wrap was crispy.

I had a glass of Pinot grigio and Mr. D had a glass of Côtes du Rhône, which were not exactly the best matches, but they were alright.

Kids had chicken breast with French fries. I had some of Pablo's chicken breast, and it was very nicely cooked.

Remi finished a whole chicken breast. He was too full to eat much of french fries though.

For the dessert, we had an assorted sweets of chocolate tuile, vanilla ice cream, maple syrup dumpling, and blueberry compote. They were so good. I don't even want to think about the calories of that dessert plate. :(

It took about two hours from start to finish. And kids were cooperative.
I think now these guys reached the age of cooperation or civilization, to conduct a mannerly behaviour at a fine restaurant~
 It was a nice lengthy lunch, after which we had to rush to the kids' swimming lessons.

Already half of May flew away.
Ottawa's May doesn't come and go without tulips.
I planted about 100 tulip bulbs in our front yard last September. They (probably) survived the attack of squirrels to bloom so beautifully. I admire my tulips every morning before I leave home. How do you like my tulips? :)

It's Thursday which is my favorite day of the week. It's not yet Friday, but you already feel that Friday is surely coming! Happy Thursday!

2013 Mother's Day

2 comments:

  1. I love your yard with tulips!! I'm so glad to read your mother's day posting. The kids look more grown up! :)
    And thanks for your answer. Finally I decided to trip Ottawa this weekend! I'm thrilled to be visiting Ottawa for the first time. The long weekend is coming. :) Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi YH, I like my front yard much more than last year, for sure :)Kids grow fast, and I age even faster :(
      It would be a nice and sunny long weekend. Have a safe trip and enjoy your time in Ottawa!

      Delete