Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

[Strawberry Cake Muffin] Soft muffin packed with fresh strawberries

This strawberry cake muffin is closer to a cupcake without frosting than to a breadlike muffin.

It actually is a strawberry cupcake base on which I mount strawberry buttercream when I make cupcakes. Even though I love making cupcakes, I try not to feed too much sweet things to my kids or Mr. D regularly. Therefore, buttercream can only be nice occasional treats.
I'll post the recipe to make strawberry buttercream, when I will make cupcakes.

My kids like "strawberry muffins" as they are softer than usual muffins. Well, of course it is supposed to be softer than an usual muffin, isn't it? :)

Strawberry muffin(cupcake) is easy to make.
The most difficult part would be making strawberry buttercream,
but as I said above, I'm only going to make cake part.

You will love this.
It's fruity and soft!

Here goes the recipe:
(adapted from Martha Stewart Living)

Ingredients
(yields 15-16 muffins)
1 Cup + 1/3 Cup + 1 Tablespoon (=340ml) all-purpose flour
1/4 Cup Cake flour
1+1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 Cup unsalted butter
1 Cup sugar
1/2 cup milk
3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 eggs
1 Cup strawberres, chopped



   
Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line standard muffin tins with paper liners.

2. Sift dry ingredients.

3. Cream butter and sugar with a mixer until light and fluffy.

4. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating after each addition.


5. Add vanilla along with the second egg.

6. Reduce speed to low. Add dry ingredients to butter mixture in 3 additions, alternating with wet ingredients.


The alternation starts with dry ingredients and ends with dry, i.e. 1/3 dry ingredients -> 1/2 milk -> 1/3 dry ingredients -> 1/2 milk -> 1/3 dry ingredients.

Scrape sides of bowl. Batter is almost ready by now.


8. Stir chopped strawberries into batter.
9. Divide batter among muffin cups, filling each 2/3 full.


10. Bake cupcakes until testers inserted into centers come out clean, about 20-25 minutes.


11. Let cool in tins on wire racks. Cupcakes will keep, covered, for up to 3 days.
 
I forgot to take both shots of the muffin on a plate and of halved.
I'll update this recipe with the pictures when  I make the strawberry buttercream.
Meahwhile, try this soft cakelike strawberry muffin.
You will like it!

Enjoy!


Strawberry Cake Muffin

0 comments:

Post a Comment