Search This Blog

Monday, July 23, 2012

[Creamy Salmon Pasta with Broccoli] A perfect meal

Unfortunately, we don't have many choices of seafood here in Ottawa, compared to maritime provinces or west coast even though both Mr.D and I love seafood :(
That is why we really look forward to this summer vacation where we will eat seafood everyday :)

Being inland kids, my kids are not big fans of seafood, which is a shame.
They love fish & chips that cannot go into a seafood category by any means, at least in my norm.
However, salmon is one exception~ and they love salmon.
  Salmon broccoli pasta with creamy sauce contains all the ingredients my kids savour. Remi and Pablo love pasta, cream sauce, broccoli and salmon. Accordingly, this is one of their very favorite pasta. Of course, Mr. D and I love it, too.
I think I make it almost once a month.
This is a forgiving recipe. So feel free to add more salmon or broccoli.
I didn't realize we were out of fettucini and linguini until the moment I put the pasta pot on the stove. So, I had no choice but using spaghetti pasta.
However, I definitely recommend fettuccine or linguini, i.e. large and long pasta, for this creamy salmon sauce.
Here goes the recipe.
Ingredients
(4 servings)
450g/1 lb long pasta, e.g. linguini or fettuccine
3 tablespoons olive oil
2-3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
1-2 broccoli head(s), cut into florets
8 oz (240g) fresh salmon fillets
1 + 1/4 Cup whipping cream
salt and pepper

How to make

1. In large pot of boiling salted water, cook broccoli florets until softened, about 2-3 minutes.
2. After scooping the broccoli out with a slotted ladle, cook pasta al dente, i.e. tender, but firm, about 8 minutes for linguini and 9 minutes for fettuccine. 
3. Meanwhile, panfry salmon both sides. Drop salmon in the heated pan and cook over medium-high heat.
4. In a large saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat; cook garlic, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 3 minutes.

5. Add salmon and break into chunks.
 6. Pour whipping cream in and season with salt and pepper.
7. Add cooked broccoli and mix well.

8. Add pasta and coat with creamy sauce.
Now the pasta is ready to be served.
As I wrote above, you may add more salmon or/and broccoli.
Bon Appétit!


Creamy Salmon Pasta with Broccoli

0 comments:

Post a Comment