Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

[Crispy chicken wings for less calories] Oven-baked chicken wings

I love oven. That is my favorite kitchen appliance which is indispensable in my cooking life.
I like fried food which I don't make often. Oh yes, I love frying fish and pickles :).
Nonetheless, I tend to bake most things that usually are to be fried.
Like most things in life, there are pros and cons about each of baking and frying method.
For example,
if you bake chicken instead of frying,
there are some pros and cons:

Prosi. You will take in significantly less fat as wells as calories.
ii. Your kitchen will not get greasy.
iii. You will not waste oil which is really hard to litter properly.
iv. Consequently,  you are helping the earth (at least) a bit to stay cleaner.

Cons
i. Your kitchen will get heated, which is not exactly what you want, especially in a warm summer evening.
ii. It takes longer to bake a chicken than to fry a chicken
iii. Your baked chicken will not likely be as crispy as a fried chicken.

Having weighed the advantages with the disadvantages,
I've been inclined to the idea of baking chicken.
Even though I do fry chickens time to time, not often though,
I really like the crispiness of chicken that doesn't accompany the greasy taste.

Here goes the Oven-baked crispy Chicken Wings recipe:
(adapted from Oven crisp chicken wings )

Ingredients
(4 servings)
1/3 cup flour
1 tablespoon paprika
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1/4-1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
3 tablespoons butter
10 chicken wings, before drumettes and wingettes joined

How to:

1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.

2. Cut wings at joints.


3. Rinse wings and dry them well with papertowels.


4. Combine flour, paprika, garlic salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper in a plastic bag.


5. Shake to mix ingredients and add wings.


6. Line a large baking sheet with Release foil and melt the butter on it, to make your or your significant other's life a little bit easier (to clean up :))


7. Add wings to pan and turn to coat.


8. Bake for 20-25 minutes.


9. Turn wings over and bake until crispy and done, for about 15 minutes.


Serve with celery sticks and blue cheese dipping sauce :)

It's not the fastest food in the world,
but very easy to make and super tasty.



I've made it many times.
I totally recommend it! :)

I hope you enjoy crispy chicken wings as much as I do.


Oven-baked Crispy Chicken Wings

0 comments:

Post a Comment