Search This Blog

Saturday, February 11, 2012

[Easy Valentine cupcake] Easy enough to make three dozens at once

I've never met a kid who doesn't like a cupcake.
How could you resist a cake that is made in a muffin size?


Like all other kids, my boys looooove cupcakes.
I make cupcakes somewhat regularly.
(I make cupcakes at least once a month. That is the minimum.
Usually I don't decorate cake excessively.
(But, I do a couple of times in a span of a year :))



 These cupcakes are very easy to make.

You can either bake this batter in a cake mold, or in muffin tins.


It takes about 10 minutes from taking out ingredients from the kitchen cupboard to push the cake mold into the oven.
You can decorate any toppings you want, but I usually make easy butter cream frosting to decorate the cake.

My kids' school had a cake raffle last week, and I had signed up for sending cupcakes for the raffle a few weeks before.
As you can imagine, I had to bake lots of cupcakes for school, for my guys(1 grown up and 2 growing ones).

If you plan to bake lots of cupcakes for this Valentine's day,
this recipe will save you some time. :)
I read this recipe from Everyday Food magazine, a few years back.
I can't find it on their website though :(

Here goes the recipe:
(for 24 cupcakes or two 8" by 8" cakes)



Ingredients


<Cake>
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups sugar
6 tablespoons 100% cocoa
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 tablespoons white vinegar
2 cups cold water



<Butter cream frosting>
(24 cupcakes)
2 cups butter, room temperature
4-5 cups icing sugar (= sugar powder)
1 ts vanilla
colors (option)
sprinkles (option)


How to make:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.



2. In a large bowl, stir and mix together the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt. 



3. Make a well in the centre, and add the oil, vanilla, vinegar and water. 



4. Mix together until smooth.
Now, the cake batter is ready!



5. Line the muffin tins with liners and scoop batter into lined muffin tins.



6. Bake for 25-30 minutes.


 Remove from oven and allow to cool.


Meanwhile,




In a large bowl, cream the butter and vanilla with a stand mixer or hand mixer.



Blend in the icing sugar, one cup at a time, beating well after each addition.



Add 4-5 drops of food color, if you are to use it.
A few drops of food color are more than enough to dye the entire frosting prepared.




Using an offset spatula, spread the icing over the cupcake.





Decorate with any kind of sweets you prepared (or skip it)



I made another 1/2 batch to bake twelve more.


Its' super easy, isn't it?




I used empty cereal boxes as cupcake containers :)


Enjoy~
and Have a nice weekend.



Easy Valentine Cupcakes

3 comments:

  1. I bake cakes and breads and muffins from scratch, but have never done cupcakes. Don't ask me why! But I agree with, your recipe is easy-enough, and pictures speak a thousand words.

    By the way, I LOVE your idea of using empty cereal boxes for carrying/transporting the cupcakes! :)

    Hugs dear friend,
    ~Virginia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Virginia,
      you are such a proficient chef. I had expected you to have baked cupcakes at least a few dozen times. :)

      I don't have those fancy cupcake carriers you know. I should get one at some point. Until then, I don't hesitate cutting off some cereal boxes :)

      Delete
  2. Just wanted to say "Thanks a lot for inspiring me"
    I haven't been intrested in cooking things til my early 20s.. or I could say til I found your blog(korean one). After I started reading your blog, cooking & baking have been my huge interests. All the dishes were big inspritation for me. I read English or Korean recipes simply because I only speak those two languages. But as you mentioned in old post, I started googling all the international recipes in 'their' language - Italian, German.. then was able to get tons of recipes. Especially Nordic countries foods which I've been craving for.

    Sorry for leaving this comment which is not related to this pretty cupcake recipe.
    Happy to see your posts here. Take care there!

    ReplyDelete