Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

[Cucumber sandwich] Light tea sandwich

I don't think I mentioned before, but I love afternoon tea.
As I have such a sweet tooth, and have a huge capacity for sandwiches,
I was born to love afternoon tea. :)


I love afternoon tea, partly because I am a tea drinker.
I had drunk coffee too. But since a few years back, I can't drink coffee anymore.
Instead, I drink black tea with milk.

This cucumber sandwich is a perfect fit for your tea (or coffee)
It is light and tasty.
Queen Elizabeth II has cucumber sandwich for lunch,
but I need something more than that. When I have cucumber sandwich for lunch,
I usually match it with some soup.

This sandwich is also surprisinly easy to make.


Here goes the cucumber sandwich recipe~
(I make both open sandwich or topped-two-layered sandwich.
The photos below were taken when open sandwiches were  made.


Ingredients
8 slices White sandwich bread, preferably thinly-sliced
1/4 cup Butter, room temperature
12-16 Loosely packed fresh mint leaves, rinsed and spun dry
1 English cucumber, seeded core removed
Salt
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic (optional)

How to make:


1. Thinly slice cucumber.


Don't use seeded part. Cucumber slices are to be about 4 inches long. Season with salt.


2. Spread each slice of bread with 1 teaspoon butter.
If using garlic, stir in minced garlic into room temperatured butter
before spreading it on the slices of bread.


3. Distribute a few leaves of mint.


4. Top with slices of cucumber.


5. Cut off and discard the crusts


and cut each sandwich diagonally and serve.




Hope you enjoy this cucumber sandwich as much as I do!

Bon appétit!


Cucumber Mint Sandwich


0 comments:

Post a Comment