Search This Blog

Monday, October 24, 2011

[Home fries] A staple food for weekend breakfast


Confession:
I can eat unlimited amount of food at breakfast.
I know I sound gross.
But, it is very true.
The breakfast is the one meal I can't every skip.
I can skip lunch if I have to. (not often though)
I don't mind missing dinner.
But, I have to eat an enormous amount of breakfast to work in full gear.

I eat one portion for the other meals of the day though :)




The perfect weekend breakfast cannot be completed without home fries.
Hash brown is okay sometimes.
But, still home fries are a must!

I've used this home fries recipes for a few years.
The recipe is adapted from allrecipes.com

If you are patient for a bit,
you can also make perfect home fries.
It's very easy to follow.


These photos were taken last Saturday morning.

Here goes the recipe:






Ingredients
 3 medium russet potatoes, cubed
 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
((Personally I refuse to cook with margarine only because I love the flavour only the butter can give. But, it's of course, up to your taste.)
 salt and pepper to taste




How to make:





1. Rinse potato cubes with cold water. Otherwise potatoes become too sticky (or starchy)





2. then, drain and dry well if you want to eat crispy home fries.





3. Melt butter (or margarine) in a large skillet over medium heat. 



4. Place potatoes in the skillet, and stir to coat with butter. 
Season with salt and pepper. 



5. Cover with a lid, and cook for 8-10 minutes. 


It depends on strength of your stove.


6. Remove the lid, and cook for another 8-10 minutes, 
stirring  frequently until brown and crisp on all sides.. 


They were super crispy and yummy!


Pan frying bacon, scrambling eggs, toasting breads, and stirring home fries at the same time can be challenging. It's kind of juggling 4 balls.


But, you know,
I've done it many times, even though I made a little mess with scrambled eggs :(


You can do better than me.

Enjoy a full nice early or late weekend breakfast at home~ :)

Enjoy :)

Easy Home Fries


1 comment:

  1. Was that plate for you?
    You said u had to eat an enormous amount of breakfast.
    For me, that looks not enough,, for you neither~~^^
    I think i can eat more than that~~~
    Anyway it's so~~~~ooo good to see you again...
    Belive or not,,, i miss you and your blog...
    and There are lots of people missing you in "NAVER"..
    SORRY FOR MY POOR ENGLISH.
    BUT THIS IS MY BEST RIHGT NOW...^^

    ReplyDelete