Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

[Lasagna] Easy mushroom sausage lasagna

My favorite food in the whole world is lasagna.


I just love any kind of lasagna.
The only creature who can be compared to me would be Garfield.
(As you might already know,
Garfield was born in the kitchen of an Italian restaurant
and that is where his obsession for lasagna started)


My obsession is not originated from an Italian kitchen,
but, mine is not smaller than Garfield's.

I made more lasagna more than 100 times.

I make lasagna really easy.
There is no fuss of cooking noodles.
I use dry noodle directly. So there is no chance of breaking large lasagna noodles
with this method.
You should give it a try.

Here goes the recipe for the "Easy mushroom sausage lasagna"


Ingredients:

10 - 15 button mushroom, sliced
3 Italian sausage links, casings removed
1 mediume onion, chopped
2 + 1/2 cup tomato sauce, homemade or store bought
(I always make tomato sauce using diced tomato cans. I'll post tomato sauce recipe soon)
2 teaspoon italian seasoning.
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 + 1/2 cup partly skimmed cottage cheese
2 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
9 dry lasagna noodles
2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
1 tablespoon olive oil

* You don't need to use extra salt as tomato sauce, sausage,
and cheese are already salty enough.


How to make

1.  Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.


2. Remove casings from sausages.






Shred both mozzarella & parmasan cheese.


3. Heat olive oil over medium heat in large skillet.


Add sausages crumbled and cook until sausage is pink anymore.


4. Add sliced mushroom and stir occasionally for about 2 minutes.


5. Add 1 +1/2 cup tomato sauce and cook for another 5 minutes.
Remove from the heat.


6. In a bowl, mix cottage cheese, parmasan cheese and pepper.

Now I am ready to make lasagna.
As I am using dry noodles,
I use generous amount of suace when I make lasagna for enough moisture.


7. Spread 1/2 cup sauce in the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish.


8. Layer 3 dry noodles.


9. Cover noodles with 1/3 of cottage cheese mixture,


1/3 of sausage mixture,


and 1/3 - 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese.


Repeat layers two more times.





Add the last 3 noodles and top with remaining sauce and mozzarella cheese.


Sprinkle Parmasan cheese over mozzarella if you wish.
I always do.


10. Tent the baking dish with aluminium foil and bake about 35 minutes.

Then, uncover and bake another 10-15 minutes.

I switched it to broiling mode and broil the top for 1 minute to brown the cheese.
But, it's just an option.

Let stand 10 minutes before cutting and serving.


Isn't this easy?




You will be surprised how easy it is to make lasagna.



Bon apétit!



Sausage Mushroom Lasagna








1 comment:

  1. Looks very yummy! Mushrooms go well with Italian food.

    ReplyDelete